Tuesday 17 July, 2007

Weekend mazaa......

A different weekend for me…not quite though, but it's a start!
Saturday: Went to the State library in the morning. That's one of the new hobbies I have inculcated after shifting to Chandigarh. Not going to the library, but reading books . One of my colleague recently recommended this library. So wanted to check it out. It's really huge with loads of books. The entire ground floor was the children's section. It was 10 times the size of my college library!! I was extremely impressed. And the best part is that it was totally free. They take a security deposit which is fully refundable. I was extremely surprised and innocently asked the librarian as to how would they earn a profit.

And I actually meant it. Don’t YOU think it was a "jaayaz" question? My innocent question was received by some non stop laughter.
Somewhere behind there was a board that said, "Silence Please." The irony was not lost on me.

After the laughter subsided, her reply was very "to the point"-sarkari hai! What a non-sarkaari answer.

I just smiled and moved on.

The only drawback of the library is the timing. It’s open on weekdays (10-5) which totally clashes with my office timings and on Saturdays its open till 13:30(Last Saturday-off). This effectively means that if I go home for a weekend, I will need to wait for one full week before I can borrow another book. 
The evening was regular. Kajal showed us her culinary skills. Originally set out to make some authentic gujrati stuff. Ultimately, it was only the "thepla" that was gujrati! But yummy food nevertheless!
Sunday started off really well as I could sleep till 10:30. Usually doesn't happen on weekends. Followed by cleaning the room, eating, washing clothes, reading, again eating. Basically lazing around. In the afternoon, went with Kajal to do some shopping. Wanted to buy a nice white kurti. Have got this new craze for ethnic stuff. Actually staying in the north, u cannot escape liking kurtis. I must admit, I am totally pathetic at shopping, and accompanying me on one of my shopping trips can be extremely trying for my companion. After window shopping for nearly 2 hours, and trying nearly a dozen kurtis, we finally entered a small shop. There were no customers at that time. And the sales girl was busy eating chowmein. Seems like she had just started as her plate seemed full. Am sure she must be cursing us and our timings. (That's what I usually do if I get a call just when I am sitting to eat!) Again tried loads of kurtis. Really wanted to buy something from that shop as I was feeling extremely bad for the sales girl. I know it not a very good reason, but somehow anything related to food makes me extremely sympathetic! So finally bought a kurti (black). Now some very alert people might notice the fact that I had originally set out to buy a white kurti.
After that, I emotionally blackmailed my housemates into playing badminton. Something I have been trying to do since quite some time. This time I succeeded. Had a good half an hour session of badminton. Felt extremely good!
Let’s just hope that this was not a one-off badminton session!!!

No comments: