Thursday 12 July, 2007

Ek Chaalis....

Finally, I managed to catch this flick. The movie that never released in Chandigarh!! Have no idea why though, considering we even had 2 shows of Sivaji running here…amidst the extremely north Indian crowd! I had been looking forward to this movie as I usually like Abhay’s movies and the promo song really sold the movie well.

The setting:
This Saturday, I got a message from Kajal saying that she had got a gift for me. Understandably, I eagerly waited for her to come home. In the evening, I get to know that the gift was a VCD of ek chaalis which Kajal had “bought”. Her logic was simple and practical. The MRP of the original vcd was 34/- while the rent guy was still renting it out for 30/-. As she didn’t wanna be “fleeced” she bought it. Here I must mention the fact that Kajal is a big fan of the “laari chuuti” song, and had also bought the audio cd for the song!

The revelation:
And now she is the proud owner of the ACD as well as the VCD of “1:40….”- The movie that people would have totally missed, had it not been for the song!

The action:
So on Sunday, we finally saw the movie.

The comments:
I liked it. Some scenes really made me smile. Loved the dialogues given to Abhay. Loved the way he delivered them. They were the kinds that you would come across in normal conversations. Abhay was really good as the call centre employee. What I like about him is the fact that he knows what his flaws are. And he chooses his roles accordingly. All the characters played by him till date have been very real. Very down to earth. I usually don’t like movies that have a dark setting. This was an exception. The concept was nothing extraordinary. What works in its favour are the scripting, casting and the handling of the concept.

The downfall:
But the biggest disappointment for us was the fact that the song wasn’t there at all! Kajal was extreeemely disappointed! After all, she had bought the cd only for this song!!

The disclaimer:
A nice movie to be watched without having high expectations

1 comment:

Unknown said...

puhlease.....I will kill you if you dont accept my comment.....I am touched that you wrote about ME in your blog and my love for the song!!! I am sooooo touched yanki that I can cry out loud!!!! Hug!