Monday 25 June, 2007

Thinking of Piercing.....Read on.

Some days back, a girl in my office was in a real big dilemma. Seemed like she was gonna make the biggest decision of her life..
Should she get her nose pierced??!!!???
As in most families, her mom was against it. I was reminded of the time when I got my nose pierced. Been almost 2 years now. My case was a lil different though. Here my mom wanted me to pierce my nose. According to her (and half the world around me), I never looked my age. People always considered me as a Xth std kid. It was like a well known fact. And my mom had accepted it.
The one day, we went to our village. I was with my VIIth std cousin (10 years younger than me). The old aunties there were genuinely confused as to which of us was the younger one.
That’s the time my mom decided that she had to do something about this. As soon as we came back, she took me to the jeweller. She wanted me to wear a nose pin. I refused. Okayed the ring. Finally got my nose pierced. Not a very painful experience though.

The painful part came later.

Initially, the guy made me wear a pin. Said it was better. He told me to wear the pin for atleast a month, before I shifted to the ring. Impatient as I have always been, I tried to change to a ring as soon as I came back to my hostel (1 week later). Took out the pin. So far so good.
Tried to put the ring. Couldn’t. Tried for about half an hour. Finally when my nose became totally red, I gave up.
This was at night. Slept without the pin/ring. Just lot of ghee and turmeric.
Next morning, went to some small shop. He said that the hole had closed and that he will need to re-pierce it. I said ok. Didn’t have too much choice. This time it was painful.
I was just happy that he made me wear a ring. Went about flaunting it. Loved the comments. Loved being flattered. Relatives thought that I looked like a grad student (Wonders that a small piece of jewellery can do). Friends thought I looked better. Bro thought I looked hepper. Suneer thought I looked hotter. Loved all this.
It was short lived. Two weeks later, the ring broke. Didn’t wanna go to the same guy again. As I was due to go home in another weeks time, thought will get it done under my mom’s guidance.
One week later, went to the Delhi guy. He said that the hole was not pierced properly. Supposedly the second guy had totally messed it up. Needed to re-re-pierce it. This time the pain was the most. Almost like a cumulative effect! The guy told me not to touch the ring for a month. Since I had learnt my lesson, I didn’t touch it for 3 months. But then there was no need to do it. Afterall a ring is what I had always wanted!
Coming back, this girl first got a clip on. Wore it to office to get the reaction. The verdict was a 50-50. I gave it thumbs up, since I have always been a big fan of the nose ring. She was a li’l skeptical about the pain. I told her my adventurous story. Scared her a li’l more. But then, if I had listened to the first guy and not touched the pin, it wouldn’t have been this bad. Finally she took "the" step.

Moral: the next time u wanna tell a girl that her nose ring is not suiting her, think about the trouble that she would have gone through!!!

5 comments:

Suneer said...

And pray tell me why you not wearing one nose ring right now!?

:-)...you seem to have gotten into full throttle with ur blog writing! taken my advice a bit too seriously haan !

yao said...

u have opened my eyes...no wonder ..none of da girlz liked me..i used 2 compliment ething except da nose ring...wish u had written dis 5 yrs back...very well written

Suneer said...

No updates? Kya hua, aaj itne chup chup kyon ho? You got two regular readers now, me n ur bro!

Give us some thing new now...chalo...

Fighter Jet said...

reading this ,mad me remember,what I did to my sisters nose ring,the first time she got it.I told her it was looking funny and she agreed to my cutting it with scisors!The next time she got it...mom made sure that I had enough gyan filled into my dumb head,so as not to dare it again.

A said...

such a cute post, loved it!